Saturday, September 19, 2009

Less is liberating

I use to be a hoarder. I wanted to save every little piece of paper,item or knickknack that had some memory or symbolized a moment in my life.
Same goes for clothing, everything had to be stashed in my closet or in a box, bin bag, cupboard or where ever I could stuff the old white shirts with yellow armpits, moth holed sweaters, jeans I didn't fit since I was 12, too short dresses, and just the plain old ugly impulse purchases that thank god never saw day light(or did they?).

With this aspect of my life I made peace or better say war and threw them out.
To be exact 12 bin bags full of them! No more skeletons in my closet! Space!
Only have my favorite things in there. I can find stuff! And I have an excuse to buy new favorites.
I have said impulse shopping goodbye! A new era in my wardrobe has arrived.Thorohgly thought threw buys. Timeless garments.Saving money to buy something expensive and high quality, rather then going to H&M and coming home with bags of one day wonders.

Guess it's the tendency that people have in times of recession. Quality not quantity.
I need to say that I have been shopping like this for the last 2 years, but didn't say farewell to the evidence my hoarding past.

Finally free!

Actually the above is introduction to the real meaning of this little post.
Due to my stringent cleansing of the material, I got inspired to do a little spiritual cleansing and shedding of the unnecessary in all aspects of my life. Needless to say the real liberation!

No comments:

Post a Comment